NEW CONSTRUCTION MADE EASY FOR QUALIFIED SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETERANS!
Are you an active service member or veteran looking to build the home of your dreams? If so, the VA construction loan may be just the right tool to help you achieve your goal. Like traditional VA home loans, VA construction loans offer exclusive and unique benefits to make building a new home more affordable.
VA construction loans can help qualified service members and veterans finance 100% of the purchase of the land (or lot) as well as the construction of the new home without the need for a down payment. It is also possible for the construction loan and permanent financing to be handled together at a single closing before construction commences. This is called a “one-time close”, which has numerous benefits such as one set of paperwork and closing costs, single loan qualification and locking in the interest rate. Once your home is built, your lender will convert your construction loan into a traditional mortgage.
It can be challenging to find a lender who offers VA construction loans. If you think a VA construction loan might be right for you, let us help put you in touch with one of our Preferred Lenders offering this type of financing! Contact us today for more information.
Fill out the form on the right or give us a call to get more information.
Some of the unique benefits of a VA construction loan:
- No down payment.
- One-time close - single closing date for both the short-term construction financing and permanent home loan (mortgage).
- Minimum credit score of 620
- 100% financing - finance the purchase of land, cost of construction, and closing costs.
- Interest-only payments during the construction period.
- Locked-in interest rate (option to modify down if the market improves).